Monday, May 07, 2012

too busy to blog

I would like to say that I am finished ... but I am still in the draft form of the rest of the three projects I have to complete by Thursday ... one for Wednesday and two for Thursday ... but I also have to pack and wash clothes, actually wash clothes first then pack ... but you understand.

Here is a lovely piece you might enjoy, celebrating the 40th(!) anniversary of Marvin Gaye's song ...here's what NPR's website says:
As part of a project commemorating Marvin Gaye's breakthrough protest album What's Going On, Youth Radio producer Brandon McFarland was asked to remix Gaye's raw tracks with lyrics and contributions from Oakland-area youths.
 At the link above, you can see the transcript, listen to the piece, listen to the original song and a clip of Youth Radio anniversary tribute... well worth the time investment.  And there's a link to the full coverage on Youth Radio. [oh and you can read the haters' comments ... seriously, they need to read or listen and then shut up ... sheesh]

Here's the song, it is a beautiful update with what is going on in 2012 ... particularly in Oakland...

-------
I may not get to posting for the rest of the week ... but I have been "pre-posting" about the trip ... you will be able to see where we are ... keep in mind, these are not my photos as I posted them all before I left ... just to leave something to read.

I will be back live posting after June 7th ...

No comments:

Post a Comment