Wednesday, May 02, 2012

odd happenings...

About a month and a half ago, I heard strange sounds coming from the apartment next door.

And then I heard the woman who lives there crying.

I noticed a few days later that no sounds had come from that apartment for a while.

They didn't move out, but they didn't come back ... for a long time.  Sometimes she would show up with a family member and take out a few things ... a suitcase, a box... not furniture.  I never saw him.

At the end of the month, I expected they would move out.

But apparently they had the money to pay for another month when no one would live there. 
 
Several times, it seemed like they might move ... someone reported seeing furniture being carried out ... but the curtains were still up.

One night, morning, I guess... 2AM, I hear loud thumping up the steps and tromping around ... 2AM.  I wondered who was there... when I heard the door slam, I looked out my bedroom window.  He was sitting in his car, with the lights on, just sitting there... and he must have seen me looking out the window.

He came back in and slammed the door a few more times, and then honked as he finally drove off ... around 3AM ... apparently being an asshole is a 24 hour occupation for him.


And, still, they didn't move out.

I noticed on Saturday (28th of the month) that the curtains were down ... end of the month, maybe they will really move out... then Sunday, they were both there, in separate cars.  Carrying out a few things, but they left the bike chained to the railing.  Feels like the end of the story...


No comments:

Post a Comment