Monday, October 26, 2009

Union station - Los Angeles

Funny how all the stations were called union. My union station will always be LA.

It is so beautiful, I hardly mind spending a little time here.

They have the old ticketing side closed off now and many modern conveniences - ok some, and the formerly gorgeous seating is the worse for wear. But if you squint your eyes just right you can almost see her former glory.

The ghosts of all the people who have passed through or spent the night in these seats still rumble around as all the present day conmuters and leisure travelers hustle from one side of the station to the other.

Wish I had a camera with me. You will just have to imagine it or recall her beauty from your memory.

Next - bus to LAX. Probably won't be as picturesque as my train ride or this lovely station, but I am thoroughly enjoying the random snatches of conversation and I love LA, so as long as I am not driving, I can find some beauty on the freeways.

No comments:

Post a Comment