Thursday, October 08, 2009

Good side of facebook

There are too many times that fb is nothing more than a huge time waste. Yesterday it proved it's usefulness and showed it's good side.

My cousin who lives on the east coast put up a quick post about how hard it is to be far from home when your mom is sick.

I cannot agree more on how hard it is to be far from home when there is a crisis. When I lived in NJ I felt cut off because frequently I was the last to know and not able to be a part of many wakes and funerals though if they told me in time at least I could call.

So when I saw the post I called my mom and asked her to call and find out what is going on!

She did and found out that my aunt was in the hospital --- something she wouldn't have known until it was too late to try to visit since we are not very good (on her side of the family) of keeping people in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment