Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sherman Alexie



If you get the chance to see this guy, run don't walk.

He is hilarious. I just spent the last nearly two hours laughing so hard my face hurts.

He writes well too.

I am sure he pissed peoplevoff, but I just think he's funny. And smart. And thoughtful. And observant.

He keynoted a conference for environmentally inclined people of color. A friend was in the audience and reported that no one there thought Alexie was funny. Rather they found him rude and racist.

I think this illustrates why it is so hard for environmentalists to get people on their side. But I digress.

I have seen Alexie now three times and read just about everything he has written.

I love this guy.

But if you don't appreciate irreverent, intelligent and occassionally crude humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment