Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Stories?

I started a letter to Santa but never finished it. I should have taken more time to precise for him just what I wanted under the tree. Instead of world peace or just a peaceful day, which really would have been enough, he gave me a Christmas cold, hope it's just that and not the dreaded Christmas flu. Next year, I will take the time to really write out the list of things I want so he won't have to resort to such drastic measures.

Yesterday, I drove much of the day with a cloudy head and stuffy nose, oh and fever and headache. Despite my slightly dazed state, I made it back to the Bay Area just fine. Today, I have spent most of the day in bed: dozing, surfing the web, and watching the eight hours of tv I taped while away.

The tv shows were ok, but the real gold mine today was the NY Times. I can't remember the last time there were more than 10 stories I desperately wanted to read. The Christmas themed stories caught my eye first: thieves who stole the parishoners' yule givings, cute remembrance of a night of terror for Bob Newhart and the many meanings of Christmas were but a few of the treasures I mined from the NY Times today.

One good thing about being under the weather, you have time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment