Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rockstar

Today I heard THE most inspiring talk I have EVER heard. In fact, the first person I have ever seen that spoke with such authority about the things that most of us hide. If only we were all willing to be so open about the things that inspire us to be both fearless and fearful.

Watching Akeela the Bee, I was struck, again by the quote from Marianne Williamson. This is a book about LOVE, particularly about getting inside of self-love and understanding how to project it back out to the world. I share it as a way to remind myself about what's really important.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?
-Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Such a great quote. Echoing the quote, definitely scary because the more you believe the harder you could fall. I suppose you can always get up. The stakes get higher and higher until you can't even fathom (or see) such greatness and if you can't see it, then its scary, like the fictitious monsters in your closet or under your bed...nonetheless great quote and of course I'm totally feeding into the deepest fear aspect...and I can't find an argument for "who are you not be so?" except excuses.

    ReplyDelete