Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Progress?

I decided not to call this post Statis...though that is how I have been feeling.

Just a little update on the healthy resolution:
-I have not been exercising. Since that fateful post, I have only gone on two walks and done yoga three times. No running, though Mary does try to get me out there.

-I have been eating well. I have not eaten OUT since the posting. And I did go to the grocery store, so that helps. My daily fiber intake has fluctuated from 25-50 over the past two weeks. It works, I swear.
Here is one high fiber, good taste recommendation. 14 fibers per tortilla...ok, that is over half of the rda of fiber in your diet. You can find them at Safeway, in Oakland, at least. After my favorite breakfast of kashi oatmeal with added flax and dried fruit (12-16g of fiber depending on the dried fruit), I am DONE for the day with the fiber. But I have been also trying to get fresh veggies and fruit every day as well. I will admit, I ordered the kashi bars as well. Not like eating a candy bar or anything like that, but I carry it around with me, get 4g fiber and stave off hunger while I am out in the world of McDonalds and Ice Cream Stores.

-I have lost the requisite two pounds each week, so far. We will see where I am next Monday.

-I ordered some exercise do-thingy, but I have not gone to pick it up at REI just yet. That should happen this weekend and then I hope to be serious about making good use of said exercise do-thingy.

-I am keeping a food and exercise log in an effort to keep me HONEST and on track. So far, it has not managed to make me WANT to exercise, but it has kept me from running out and eating CAKE or DONUTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment