Monday, July 23, 2012

Kissing

One of the things that I have been noting lately (perhaps, again) is how we lavish babies and small children with kisses.

If you watch a toddler being kissed and hugged and wrestled, you will see those kids play at pulling away, but really they are soaking up love, affection, acceptance, connection...

This is beautiful. So why do we stop doing this?

I know you might say it seems inappropriate at some point, or that kids eventually will put their feet down - but I disagree.

Kisses (love, acceptance, intrinsic value) are always appropriate, in my opinion. The older kids get the more they need to know we love then

When I look at the pain that sends people out in the world to hate, hurt and maim, I know that we give up on love -- on lavishing it on those we care about as well as strangers -- too soon.



May all those hurt by pain find strength and courage and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment