Wednesday, April 11, 2012

NPR gems and other news

I have been holding these ... now I am sharing them... the descriptions are from their website, not my editorializations.
Employment prospects for many of Europe's youth are bleak due to the debt crisis and austerity measures. That's not the case in Germany, which has Europe's lowest youth unemployment rate. Part of the reason is an on-the-job apprenticeship system that serves Germany's high-tech economy.
Company Ties Shoes And Ethics Together by John Burnett; posted - April 7, 2012
Update: Report on UC debunked.  Um, yeah... in the category of um, yeah, also goes this piece on tax preparation. I will spare you the gorey details, suffice to say, I need Mitt's accountant... badly.

I have been meaning to post this about Colorado and prisons ... interesting, very interesting.

Also, I am interested in how thanks to the Trayvon Martin tragedy, corporations are severing ties with ALEC -- American Legislative Exchange Council.  I think that ALEC is the same group that is promoting the anti-immigrant legislation in order to build more prisons... I don't have time to go back and do the research now, but NPR exposed the group some time ago ... I think this piece might connect ALEC with the anti immigrant laws.

Someday I will have the time to post more than just news round ups... I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment