Friday, April 20, 2012

It's nearly 10pm and this is the first chance I am getting to write a post ...

So, here are two stories... that's all I have in me.

This one is for the don't give up file.  It is another one of those incredible stories, almost too amazing to believe.  But, perhaps, in its own way it can give us hope...

This is an update on the cardboard arcade...the focus of the story is how did this dad create this son.  I am unimpressed with the focus, doesn't the kid have a mom?  I understand that Banks is trying to make a point... and it well taken. I have thought myself, many times, since I saw the video -- this is what happens when you don't let your kid live behind the screen of a video game.  And Banks and Caine's dad are both right ... the thing is to listen to your kid, to let him or her be a kid... to encourage thinking, playing, questioning and experimenting ... especially with those kids who are afraid to do anything that they might not be perfect at ... we all need to remember to try things we are not sure will work.

Thanks, again, Caine, for reminding us that we can do so much more than we imagine... or that we can do whatever we imagine.

It's an important lesson.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment