Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WOW

Some friends have shared this today on Facebook, and it is well worth posting here, too.

I, Too, Sing America
by Langston Hughes


I, too, sing America.

I am the darker brother.
They send me to eat in the kitchen
When company comes,
But I laugh,
And eat well,
And grow strong.

Tomorrow,
I'll be at the table
When company comes.
Nobody'll dare
Say to me,
"Eat in the kitchen,"
Then.

Besides,
They'll see how beautiful I am
And be ashamed

I, too, am America.--
Some other things that are making me smile today...
Our President's remarks

My favorite rendition of America the Beautiful ... never been so beautiful as today, wish Ray were still with us to share in the moment.


Wish I had the text to Brother Reverend Lowery's benediction -- I will find it yet... beatiful, absolutely gorgeous. For now, you can watch it again:


And, yes, once more: YES WE CAN, YES WE WILL


What a world, what a day, what a country!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister. The second video is my fave!

    ReplyDelete