Monday, January 05, 2009

Puffs

My drive back from San Diego ended with a stretch along the Pacific Ocean. I love to cruise (at the speed limit) and scan the horizon for friends. Sometimes it is schools of jumping dolphins and others it is pelicans flying low in formation just above the water... this time, what I saw was the tell tale sign of migration. The plume of whale breath just spouting out of the ocean.

Of course, this photo is of Alaska because I was driving and not taking photos when I saw the whales on Sunday. I tried to stop today while I was driving from Oxnard to Oakland -- I did see some whale breath but not where I could stop -- and when I did finally stop, I didn't see any and time was pressing and I don't really have a zoom, so it wouldn't have come out anyway.

I am plotting a trip to Point Reyes to see if I can see any more... the good part about being unemployed, if you play your cards right, is that you can take time for this kind of thing.

Oh, and I did press send on the Stanford application this morning... one more to go, promise to be done by Wednesday with that one.

It is almost time for champagne, and it is chilling in the fridge now.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy that champagne when you get it. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to say, I know she did not snap this while driving! I wish we had some type of abundant wild life near us.

    Tafari

    ReplyDelete