Monday, October 27, 2008

Southwestern Voice

There aren't many things that I have held onto from my marriage, but there are three that I come up with quickly: a love of Thai food (even if I lost my favorite restaurant in the divorce), bird watching, and Tony Hillerman mysteries. In fact, for the first leg of my adventure, I forced my parents to listen to Skeleton Man. I love the idea of listening to the description of the places when you are just a few miles from them.

So, I was very sad to hear that Mr. Hillerman had died yesterday. Here we were in Santa Fe, less than 100 miles from where he was dying in the hospital.

I appreciate the many stories he shared with us over the year and his voice will be sorely missed.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so how did you loose your favorite restaurant after the divorce? Is it on his side of town???

    Tafari

    ReplyDelete