Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why is it wrong for women (especially Black) to be angry??

Michele Martin breaks it down... as usual.

Thanks, Michele... as someone who is frequently accused of being angry when I am just being passionate or emphatic, I appreciate you challenging the concept.

Michele rightly asks why it's ok for white men to be angry? Also, being angry doesn't seem to limit white men's access to power. It seems more likely that "angry" is the epithet you throw at women when you worry that they are too powerful or that they might actually get some power (and wield it).

Ultimately, though, Michele wonders why we all aren't angry. {see my new favorite song for more about this.}

By the way, if you can't handle me passionate and/or emphatic, then you don't want to make me angry.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting article, thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much anger in the tone here, I dare not go there with you. LOL!!!

    So tell me, what is making you angry?

    Bygbaby

    ReplyDelete