Friday, June 27, 2008

Rolling Around My Head (and Heart)

I had to pull it out and read it because the words have been rolling around in my head (maybe my heart)... I could be walking down the street and for seemingly no reason, I would hear these words:

And let the best be for your friend
If he must know the ebb of your tide,
Let him know its flood also.

For what is your friend that you
should seek him with hours to kill?

Seek him always with hours to live.

And in the sweetness of friendship
Let there be laughter and sharing of pleasure.

For in the dew of little things
The heart finds its mornings and is refreshed.
--Kahlil Gibran


Maybe it is because lately I have spent so much time thinking about friendship and the way people relate to each other.

Not sure... but since my heart has been singing these words, and I am letting them out.

The universe will decide what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment