Thursday, June 12, 2008

Powered By Truth

So, apparently the Barack Obama campaign has decided to fight the mud slinging with a truth. They are putting the flashlight/spotlight on the lies by pointing out the inconsistencies and providing the truth ... on the internet (of all places, you know what tenuous relationship we have here with the truth!).

You can go there and read through the ridiculous claims if you are so inclined. Though, I am not sure the people who enjoy wallowing in mud have any interest in actually finding out whether or not something is true. In fact, since they are willing to swallow whole any email chain that has been forwarded as TRUTH without taking a moment to check the facts -- and, incidentally, to send it to their 708 closest friends via another forward -- it is just not clear that they will bother to check this site.

Still, you are encouraged to create your own viral campaign by forwarding it on to your closest email buddies (I did not send out an email -- rather I posted it to my facebook profile. Hopefully others will also post it to their profiles, and in that way, the word will spread without having to actually fill people's email boxes, but you know, whatever works).

Additionally, the campaign has created an email address (I love what they named it: watchdog@barackobama.com) where you can send in any smears and slurs that they might not have heard yet. I would certainly hate to be the one that has the job to check that email inbox.

Finally, they are hoping to catch some new donors who are outraged to see that this is the way we run our political campaigns. So much for democracy...it's all about the ratings, baby.

I am hoping I don't lose my job so that I can donate some dollars to Barack before the election. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy that they decided to do this. Some of the claims are just out of this world ridiculous!

    And I know one thing, someone needs to shut Fox News down cuz they keep up a lot of mess!!!

    Bygbaby

    ReplyDelete