Saturday, May 24, 2008

i didn't forget

just didn't have time to push the publish button before i hit the road...

it's Friday... you know the deal

Got StoryCorps?

Unfortunately, my great aunt died last week. Fortunately, I was home this weekend, so I was able to pay my respects at the cemetery. Since my great aunt was not buried in the ground but put into a crypt, I was able to take some of her gorgeous red roses and share them with my other family members and friends buried at the same cemetery. While I was there, I got to visit with my grandparents and uncle, my great-uncle and his wife and daughter... and my friend, Jaime.

The sky kept opening up and weeping for her and the others... slow sobbing and heavier weeping. That's the perfect day to have a funeral...it fits the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment