Saturday, March 01, 2008

Story of the Day

Truth be told, today's NY Times brought a mini-gold mine of stories, but this one, short and sweet takes the award. Read it in good health.

A tid bit:
The battle between the city and the church appears to come down to two essential
issues: is the message of eternity a commercial one, and is the roof sign a nuisance so grand that the government must intervene?
Mr. Nimmons’s view is that his message is not commercial, and therefore not subject to the city ordinance. All he is selling, he argues, is faith.
“I just want people to go to God,” he said. “I don’t care where.”

Other stories I read today in no particular order without my editorial comment. Probably says more about what attracts my eye than what is going on in the world and certainly more about how my mind works than what is important:
Obama Walks a Difficult Course as He Courts the Jewish Voters
Free Lunch Isn't Cool, so Some Students Go Hungry
Preserving a Forest and a Philosophy
Commander Testifies He Felt 'Under Fire' Outside Nightclub
Drivers Says Man Could not Care for Baby Girl
Gun Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment