Sunday, January 06, 2008

Walking the Walk and the Prayer

I haven't loved this series, This I Believe. Too many of the essays are just two abstract for me to either understand or internalize. I have wanted to be inspired and awed by the secret interior lives of people, but too often, I just wanted more.



Not today.



It is not surprising that Sister Prejean's essay, Living My Prayer would fulfill all the wants I had for this series. But it was still lovely to know that it was out there. I think her intentionality (besides her truly beautiful and earnest soul) about the writing of this particular essay is what ultimately does the trick. She is not trying to full from the tree something fully formed, she is writing to the prompt. Masterfully, I might add.



I wonder what others who listen to This I Believe feel about this... let me know if you drop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment