Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Challenge...

I was just thinking that there were concrete, and easy, steps for me to take in this process of learning to love myself (with which I have been struggling). I opened up this DailyOM from April 26th and realized that universe was trying to help.

Listing Magnificence: Five Thing I Like about Me
Day One:
1. I speak truth to power
2. I believe in the essential goodness of people; I see them from the inside out -- the best each one could be
3. I love children -- especially the openness they have to the world, seeing everything as marvelously fascinating and their ability to bend without breaking
4. I feel deeply
5. I enjoy a challenge

The link takes you to the directions, but I will post them here briefly (read, edited):
Begin by writing down at least five things that you like about yourself. Continue this process for week, thinking of five new things you like about yourself everyday. At the end of the week, read the list aloud to yourself while standing in front of a mirror. Instead of looking for flaws to fix, allow the mirror to reflect your magnificence.
**Remember, it is when you feel the most resistant that this exercise can benefit you the most. Because we are constantly looking at the world, instead of looking at ourselves, we don't often see what's magnificent about ourselves that others do. When we take the time to experience ourselves the way we would experience someone we love and admire, we become our best companion and supporter on life's journey.

1 comment:

  1. Those are five things I like about you too. Let me know if you need help brainstorming, I have some suggestions.

    ReplyDelete