Tuesday, November 08, 2005

giddiness

So, although I am never quite sure who is reading the blog or whether or not anyone is... I am feeling guilty about the negative nature of the postings of late...

Why is that when I am feeling great there is no post?

Why is it that giddiness is never reflected here?

Sometimes I think it is because that might betray some confidence I imagine myself to be keeping... or maybe I am just not as good as relating that in an anonymous way...

This morning I treated myself to breakfast before I went to work... some might see this as something routine, but I usually do work if I get up early, or get up with just enough time to get out the door. This morning, I got up early in order to make myself breakfast. I did have oatmeal and a little herbal tea, trying to decaffeinate, so it wasn't like having a spa day; but it was a little, I love you, I am going to do something nice and good for you.

Perhaps as a way of rewarding me, the universe then conspired to have someone call me just as I finished that breakfast who made me smile from ear to ear. The giddiness that ensued lasted for a good long while... til someone said something stupid at work and tried to crush it.

I did my best to keep that giddiness all day, and I am sitting here grinning right now.

Every day can be a great day, I just need to keep on trying to make it happen.

Happy Tuesday for today, and Happy Wednesday for tomorrow, dear anonymous readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment