Thursday, October 13, 2005

Happy Almost Veteran's Day

Ok... am I only choosing to read really sad stories or are these stories jumping out at me for a reason. I was so struck by this story that I posted it to a listserv where I have been only lurking. I sent it to friends and I forwarded it to a woman I have never met who sent me an equally troubling story last week.

When will the madness of this war become real for those who are in a position to stop it?

Never, actually, because they are not in it for any logical reason.

I am embarrassed, saddened and rocked at my core that this young man's life was sacrified in my name.

Perhaps it is just that fact that forced me to send this story on, that spurred me to write about it. We walk around every day without having to face the fact that innocent people are killed and maimed (physically and emotionally) in our names. If we are not willing to stand up and say publicly: NOT IN MY NAME, then we are more than complicit.

No comments:

Post a Comment