Tuesday, October 22, 2013

And the sky did not fall

As I sat on the plane, these thoughts raced through my head about the weekend.  

Truth telling with people who know it's okay not to be okay.

Lots of hugs and kisses.

Consoling Veronica about petunia.

Beauty of the mountain.
Our special place.

My broken heart. 
The ache in the center of my body.
Restocking the kitchen. Cleaning out the unhealthy choices. 
Organizing support for my parents. 
Outing my mom to her doctor. 
Setting doctor appointments. 

Achy and sore muscles. 
Splitting headaches.

Willy. 
Lucy. 
Petunia. 

Bad guy. 
Good daughter. 

Asking for help is a family stumbling block. 

Laying bare your soul to light the way for others.

Running for the train.

Dad celebratory coffee. 
Dad & mom celebratory kiss.

The relief, tension and fear of going back to ABQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment