Wednesday, August 07, 2013

NRU

RIP Patricia Lyons Simon Newman Gilband of Chicago.  And tons of love to Scott Simon and his family.

I was confused by the short version of this piece that showed up on all the wire feeds, the NY Times version explains why it was such a good thing for Dr. Aslan.  I saw the Jon "Stewart" interview with the other John, and thought ... wow, if only I had time to read something for fun.

An interesting way to fight against the intransigence of the banks ... not sure how it will work out, but I appreciate this city taking on the fight for its citizens, seems like they really get the "in this together" idea.

I am not sure I agree with the argument that no one should ever eat meat, but I do think it would be great if folks better understood the animals we do eat.  Regardless of how you feel about meat and animals, it is a good read.

This was a lovely piece that is a great companion to the movie, Fruitvale Station ... and all the crap that has happened with Trayvon, etc.

Wondering if this will make it to Univision... I am interested in watching.

I love that this story suggests we can do things that bring back our wilderness ... we are not only destructive. It also pushes us to think about the interconnectedness of lives, species, etc. There is hope for us, for our planet, for the rest of the living things on it ... but only if we act, deliberately and from a place of awareness.

It is really not often that I get to read such a loving tribute to an alumnus from my alma mater -- mostly because I don't think most of them are very laudable. This man sounds like a keeper ... and I wish his daughters peace and comfort as they grieve his loss.  May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment