Saturday, January 28, 2006

Why do these people get to say whatever they want?

It's hard for me to know find the dividing line between exercising and abusing your freedom of speech.

It seems to me that many of these Republican pundits/humorists/columnists (whatever) get to say whatever they want with no consequences...

I haven't been on a political rant here for a while, so I feel entitled to be more than a little indignant.

We currently have a president who has clearly broken the law... and yet he feels as though as long as he can get on tv and say that he didn't break the law, no one should worry. The "average American" seems to be code for "wink, wink, you know who I mean" -- white folks need not worry about getting spied on in their backyards. Did we forget how many people have already been wrongly accused under the patriot act???

This article from the New York Times about how U. S. Citizens polled make a distinction in their minds about "Americans who are suspicious" and "Ordinary Americans." It's a must read if you think I am crazy when I say, Bush keeps looking in the camera and saying "Ordinary Americans understand what I am trying to do." -- Black and Brown folks of any ethnic background beware ... but all those white folks are forgetting that plenty of white folks were targeted by McCarthy.

You can also look at the poll results to see how changing the wording changed whether folks supported wire-tapping or not. Included in the poll is information about where ordinary folks think the country will be after two terms of Georgie. The number of people who think he has done nothing, and the number of people who don't care enough to have an opinion appalls me. Why did you vote for him then? Why bother to vote? Or did you vote at all?? If I were conducting that poll, I wouldn't have allowed anyone in the poll who hadn't voted for president. I am a hard ass.

I remember having a president who made a really stupid choice to have a dalliance in the white house... we held IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS...

I just don't get it... do we all have our heads up our asses???

No comments:

Post a Comment