Wednesday, July 21, 2010

From the train (Oxnard to Oakland, take 2) ... FAVORITES

Considering the almost 300 photos I took during this eight hour train ride, I think I was pretty restrained in the number of pictures I have posted here. Hope you enjoy the ride.Take two because it was the second time I was taking the Coast Starlight, though the first time going south to north. It was a very, very foggy day, not unlike the beach day I had the day before...

We're on our way...

I couldn't resist

I missed this sight on the first trip
State Street

We spent some time at the Santa Barbara train station.
A view from the other side.
I always wave at the train.
One of my absolute favorites
Who left these on these lonely beaches?

Here are a few things that caught my eye.


One of the best things about this train is that it goes through country to can't see from the main highway. There are back roads and even state beaches out there, but it is not the same scenery you are used to commuting back and forth on 101. It gives the feeling of being out there ...alone with the wide ocean and gorgeous dunes.
I love the dunes on our coast
The dunes and a little fake creek

I had a little obsession with roadsI especially loved this road that promised to lead to the ocean just to be blocked with ugly orange barriers...just try to keep us out.

At San Luis Obispo, the train takes a turn inland and the foggy coast turned in burnt earth and the promise of cowboys.

Cowboys? When I was a girl scout, we went to a camp in Los Osos that had real cowboys as the camp counselors. Imagine... a young girl's early fantasy building...
On my final Coast Starlight, I saw an actual rodeo at this place:

Tractor in the fields, hope this was the best of the set that I took:
What is the Central Valley without fields?

I guess this is my favorite of this barn; I tried up close and far out and with the mountains and with the fields...



I had a teeny, tiny obsession with these mountains...
I only posted two of the twenty or so I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment