Saturday, April 19, 2008

lemonade

I am still searching for those happy stories... happy seems like such a problematic word. I want so much to define the kind of stories I want to read -- and I know they are out there in other places, but I WANT to find them in news media -- but every time that I do, the adjectives don't seem to fit correctly.

It seems easier to define what they are not -- downers, narrowly constructed stories that show the worst in our nature generally inflicting pain and/or suffering on others.

It's fairly difficult to find stories manifesting pure joy -- not that I think they don't exist, just that there is no one reporting it. Maybe it would be boring.

There is plenty of lemonade, though, and it is well worth reading. The DailyOM was feeling this search for how to make lemonade on April 10th...I am a little behind on my OM reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment