Tuesday, November 27, 2007

These stories caught my eye ...

Updates included.

I am catching up with my online NYTimes reading. I am a few days behind, but these are the stories I intend to read today, not sure what they say about where my head is.

Suit Over a Woman's Suicide at an Elite Private Hospital (so, morbid stories do call to me)

The Immigration Wilderness (no surprises here)
Tidbit to make you want to read the whole thing:

We are already seeing what a full-bore enforcement-only strategy will bring. Bias crimes against Hispanic people are up, hate groups are on the march. Legal immigration remains a mess. Applications for citizenship are up, and the federal citizenship agency, which steeply raised its fees to increase efficiency, is drowning in paperwork and delays. American citizens are being caught up in house-to-house raids by immigration agents.


The Real Rudy (ummm...liked the headline, hope I'll like the story)
Update: wow...not at all what I expected... but interesting and thought provoking nonetheless.

As a Life is Celebrated, a Death is Questioned (can't get away from these, the tragedy calls)

Foreign Fighters in Iraq Are Tied to Allies of U. S. (even though I can't really handle any more bad news about our country, I keep reading these)

Western Union Empire Moves Migrant Cash Home (there are so many sides to the immigration issue, got to get to as many as possible)
Update: no small part of keeping world peace...
Last year migrants from poor countries sent home $300 billion, nearly three
times the world’s foreign aid budgets combined.
Killing of Chicago Students Unsettles Campus Life (tragic, just tragic; my interest also is also picqued because my friend goes to school there)

No comments:

Post a Comment