Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fish Cakes

Yum.

It's a comforting and familiar taste besides being very tasty. My taste buds exalt -- and my mind is filled with memories:
My favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant, the one that I lost in the divorce.
The wonderful women in their odd wardrobe choices who knew exactly what I wanted.

This was where I rushed when I needed comfort; where it didn't matter that he would sit silently across from me. There were plenty of people to keep me busy, making up stories in my head.

For a while I was glad not to go there, my first Thai restaurant, because I pictured him there with all the other women. Nothing was sacred to him, certainly not this place, one place I cold remember fondly as a foundation of our relationship until I thought of him there with the others.

Later, at some point when we were still communicating, he told me that he went there without me and the ladies asked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment