Wednesday, August 03, 2005

hmmm

I think I blog inappropriately... almost (I said almost) all the other blogs I read are very chitty-chatty, as if only their friends are reading it. They talk back and forth like it's one big email chain. The only time you can tell it's a blog is that it is all very TMI and they believe that their significant others are not reading it. HAHAHA It's not anonymity when all your friends are reading it... it's gossip and chat sessions in writing!

I, on the other hand, see the blog as a way to write all the little observations of the world that I don't assume my friends want to hear about. I think of the blog as a class full of kindergarteners... I remember fondly how we chatted stream-of-consciousness like when I was monitoring kindergarten lunch and recess. Those kids had an opinion about everything and anything, and they were always ready and willing to share.

I think that the anonymity is only important in the sense of protecting the innocent. Obviously, the majority of the folks who are reading this blog have been invited to do so. I am sure there are the occasional "next blog" clickers that end up here... I certainly have found plenty of blogs that I enjoy reading that way.

For me, the blog is a strange way for me to deal with issues too hard, sometimes, for me to journal about as well as the random thought that falls from the sky begging to be shared but really not that significant.

THOUGHTS??

1 comment:

  1. If you blog inappropriately...where's does my blogging leave me? My blog has almost become my diary. There's not much that I'm leaving out...I'm an open book right now. I don't know if that's bad or good? I feel vulnerable even though I'm anonymous...well i feel vulnerable because i think some of the people that visit are my friends and being so open about my flaws feels like they will judge my weaknesses. My thoughts...I don't think you blog inappropriately...

    ReplyDelete