Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I love Oakland...

I am sure I have mentioned this before, but, just in case, I LOVE OAKLAND.

Even my mother recognizes that of all the places I have lived in the world, Oakland is my favorite.

It is the place I have felt more at home and like I fit.  Hipsters or not.

Love, love, love Oakland.

So, when a friend sent me these two articles, with specific instructions, I followed them...

Read this, first, she said.

It is an article in which Oakland rates as #5 of the where in the WORLD to go... yup, it is the first AMERICAN city on the list, for those who were wondering.

Then, she said, read this.

It is a response to the entry about Oakland ... and it is right on from start to finish.

Another day, I will highlight my must go to spots... the ones that I miss the most and that feel most like OAKLAND to me.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment