Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Musings while Traveling

....taken me a little bit to get this from the drafts folder to the published folder, so slightly out dated, but with any luck I am working on the mounds of work I am supposed to be doing as you are reading this...

I love the Oakland airport because it is so efficient to get through security - the Southwest terminal at least. Today it took a little longer than usual, but still under 20 minutes, in fact I think it was just over the usual 15 mins.

I was happy to see that I arrived before the Alameda symphonic band. The woman in front of me noted that they were headed to Chicago...like her, and after a little spying, I noted their flight number, indeed, the same as hers. They seemed like a good bunch of kids though... I really just didn't want to be behind 60 perky orchestra members that early in the morning.

Spring training is on for the baseball folks...and I could tell because four people had their special SF Giant Spring Training hats on for the plane ride. Guess where they were flying to...

Well, musings aside, I have a long ass flight ahead of me. Leaving Oakland at 9am (arrived at 7:45am) and not arriving in ABQ until 3pm with a nice little bus ride waiting to take me home.

[Turns out the flight was so long because we flew to Portland, OR, first...yup, I left rainy, soggy weather in Oakland (just in time, in fact, because they had a weird lightning and hail storm the day I left) to see more of the same in Portland, from the window, actually, but still. The young woman who sat next to me to ABQ was so pleased to see SUN out the window as we descended into the airport...]

No comments:

Post a Comment