Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Poetry Month, Jesus Castillo

 Untitled
 ~Jesús Castillo

          Dear Empire, I am confused each time I wake inside you.
                        You invent addictions.  
          Are you a high-end graveyard or a child?
                        I see your children dragging their brains along.
                        Why not a god who loves water and dancing
                     instead of mirrors that recite your pretty features only?
          You wear a different face to each atrocity.
          You are un-unified and tangled.
                        Are you just gluttony?
                        Are you civilization’s slow grenade?
 
           I am confused each time I’m swallowed by your doors.

 
Copyright © 2018 Jesús Castillo. Used with permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment