Friday, April 16, 2021

Poetry Month, E E Cummings

 Crepuscule
 ~E. E. Cummings

I will wade out
                             till my thighs are steeped in burn-
ing flowers
I will take the sun in my mouth
and leap into the ripe air
                                                   Alive
                                                                 with closed eyes
to dash against darkness
                                            in the sleeping curves of my
body
Shall enter fingers of smooth mastery
with chasteness of sea-girls
                                                  Will I complete the mystery
of my flesh
I will rise
                After a thousand years
lipping
flowers
              And set my teeth in the silver of the moon

 

This poem is in the public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment