Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Not Poetry Thursday

 from Little Runaway
 ~Krystal Languell

(the passports curled up) (it was so humid in our rented room)
           
            (travel to forget the criminal element) (in my bad blood)

(Nothing very significant at the cemetery)            (an unremarkable
      lunch salad)

                        (The thrift shop closed six months ago)

((We lit candles for a man who died) (rusted cellar grate)) (near to
      home)

            (I was afraid (and I made my friend afraid too))

                        (another woman altogether said they may be (murderers))

((I'm more worried about) being backed over by construction vehicles)

            (in other places)            (I do pray for my family's safety)

                                    (mother says it isn't working)

 
Copyright © 2018 Krystal Languell. Used with permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment