Thursday, July 03, 2014

Quote Thursday +

Perhaps they are not stars,
but rather openings in Heaven
where the love of our lost ones
pours through and shines down
upon us to let us know
they are happy.
-unknown
[courtesy of Daily Affirmations]


I was going to try to find an appropriately patriotic quote or poem for the week, but then I didn't have the energy to do it. 

I found this one, instead, as I read through some Daily Affirmations.  I was trying to steel myself for a a hectic week of writing.  So far, in my grief process, this is when the hurt hits hardest.

I was also trying to think of an answer for the journal challenge I posted earlier this week... and I thought that this one spoke to what I hope it feels like.

Some days I can imagine being there, others not ... but when I get that crooked smile from my nephew, or I think of getting Quetz the help she needs, or I imagine my parents finding more will to live (healthily), or I imagine my nieces and nephews in college... well, then, I can imagine this also being true.

No comments:

Post a Comment