Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June...

 This is what June looks like where I come from...
 Where I come from, you plan your big cookout before Memorial Day, just in case June gloom comes early.
 You dig out your summer sweaters and light weight jackets to layer.
 You look forward to and fully appreciate the sun when it comes out around 2pm.
 You take your sweatshirt with you to the beach.  And, you still have a great time.
 And you layer back up when the sun dips back behind the clouds around 4pm.
You still put on sunscreen, but you are not burning up ... in what feels like hell... like you do here in Albuquerque.

I want to say it is only the beginning of June ... summer does not officially start until June 21st... and it has been nearly 100 too many days already.

I wish I were home ... for more reasons than my beloved summer fog.  I hope they are enjoying it and that global warming hasn't ruined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment