Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Siena

Just a little orienting, in case you aren't sure where Siena is...
 
It is famous for this:
and this...
From the outside, it looks a little like this...

It is in a good neighborhood... some call it Tuscany -- check out those names you've seen on the wine labels.
It has some famous neighbors...
People love this about it:
I think it is lovely ... but I am in love with the less sparkly parts.
This is my favorite part about Siena ... small windy roads, impossible inclined...
I want to spend enough time in the area to see this season:
I want to explore this...
I want to get to know every nook and cranny when I am there for a year to write.
Did I mention that this is my plan?  I am putting it out there in the universe.  When I finish field work, I want to have enough money to go to Siena to write for a year ... and finish my dissertation in that year.  I believe, I believe... it's crazy, but I believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment