Sunday, October 02, 2011

weltschmerz

I decided to use the word of the day for a virtual balderdash round with my family ... as a warm up for turkey day.  You blog readers may not vote because you already know the real definition, but you can enjoy their imaginations.

Imagine me reading these with a straight face:

weltschmerz
overall best in show at Munich's Oktoberfest

weltschmerz

German chocolate sprinkles

weltschmerz

a fungus that grows between rocks in the Bavarian mountains

weltschmerz

sentimental pessimism

weltschmerz

fat globules in sausage links
weltschmerz

to belch loudly in the presence of royalty

weltschmerz
Once I hear back from them on votes, I will let you know who bullshitted the best on this word.
 I found a pictorial representation of weltschmerz... from N. Delanghe. And a comic strip of the same name (it "ended" in 2008).
From wikipedia
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment