Friday, September 24, 2010

T Update

For those that do not want to know intimate details about my turtle, this post may be TMI and you might want to stop reading it now.

Turtlemina had her second visit to the vet today ... after I schooled him on ordering every test in the book that were not necessary and definitely not within the starving graduate student budget (ok, no one is going to believe that I am actually starving, but I still gotta pay rent), he didn't charge me for the visit. But she got another shot. I told her to remember that I was not the one that inflicted that pain on her.

The vet wanted to x-ray her to see if she was carrying eggs (because her calcium was high -- how did he know that, because he made me do a $132 blood test last week)... and if she had eggs, she would have to get them out of her body because it could make her sick. So, that would mean that I would have to figure out how to give her a beach where she could lay them. Thank goodness she does not have eggs, therefore, dodged a bullet for now.

You can see a picture of the kind of turtle she is, and where she is from here.

She is dry docked for another week, at least, so that she can continue to heal. Though she has lost some weight since last week because she does not appreciate having to eat when I tell her to... and it has been a bit colder the past few days.

I wish I lost my appetite when it got cold ...

No comments:

Post a Comment