Friday, December 12, 2008

Morning Sugar, Friday Style

I am in the last big push of the graduate school applications -- I hope this is it, at least, since it is only the first two that are actually due on Monday.
I am trying not to think about the fact that I had set a goal for myself to have these done in September.

I am going to set a schedule and get a ton done today -- and then do more tomorrow and more on Sunday and when the sun rises on Monday -- I plan to be DONE.

I was pleased to wake to this: a wonderful story about a dad who believed in his daughter and her right to study whatever she wanted in the face of doubt and cyncism.
"Daddy fix." -- that is what she would say after she took something apart and wanted to watch her father put it back together. I was touched by the faith that is the foundation of that request.

As a child, I would run behind my mother and yell "free" knowing that she would protect me without questions asked.

I am hoping to channel a little of that faith and confidence today as I write the last of the statements and edit the draft of what I will do in graduate school.

Happy Friday ... let's hope it's productive.

1 comment: